Kit for New Parents
Babies don’t come with instruction manuals. That’s why First 5 offers the free Kit for New Parents. Available at Neighborhoods for Learning, WIC Centers, and Public Libraries this extensive kit contains the following items (items subject to change):
- Celebrity Hosted DVD – Covering everything from oral health and child care to safety and discipline, the DVD prepares parents for their child’s early years.
- Advice for New Parents Booklet – This comprehensive booklet is divided by “ages and stages” for easy reference, marking key milestones for parents to track how their baby is developing.
- Parents Guide – This easy to navigate reference guide is filled with tips and up-to-date information on local resources and services.
- What To Do When Your Child Gets Sick – This easy-to-read book answers questions many parents have regarding their child’s health and common illnesses. A great guide for helping parents determine when to treat an illness at home and when to call or see a healthcare professional.
- “Puppy and Friends” (Baby’s First Book) – An interactive reading adventure for parents and babies to enjoy together. Filled with stimulating colors and textures to encourage brain development, babies can touch and feel puppy’s fur, nose and toy.
- Obesity Prevention Guides – Highlighting activities that help prevent obesity in young children, these tri-fold pamphlets demonstrate interactive activities to do with children, both in and out of the home, to stimulate growth and healthy development.
- Poison Control Magnet – This refrigerator magnet helps parents keep important safety and emergency contact information readily available.
- Healthy Teeth Begin at Birth Brochure – Along with correlating video segments, this pamphlet gives an overview on oral health and walks parents through a baby’s first visit to the dentist.
Free Kit Info
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if your organization would like multiple copies.
So. Oxnard Public Health WIC
2500 S. C Street, Suite A
Oxnard, CA 93033
Camarillo Healthcare District WIC
Dos Camino Plaza Building F, Room 160 & 161
3639 E. Las Posas Road
Camarillo, CA 93010
Thousand Oaks WIC
80 E. Hillcrest, Room 205-C
Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
Santa Paula Public Health WIC
620 W. Harvard Blvd.
Santa Paula, CA 93060
Simi Valley Public Health WIC
660 Los Angeles Ave.
Simi Valley, CA 93065
Ventura Public Health WIC
3147 Loma Vista Road
Ventura, CA 93003
No Oxnard Public Health WIC
2240 E. Gonzales Road, Suite 170
Oxnard, CA 93036
Fillmore Healthcare Services WIC
828 Ventura St., Suite 110
Fillmore, CA 93015